Creeping Helichrysum - refer to plant caretag for specific information
Colours - Creamy yellow flowers.
Flowering period - Early July to mid October.
Features - Fuzzy, silver green leaves, creamy yellow flowers.
Spacing - Cluster together.
Height - Low growing.
Soil and water - Best in well drained, sandy soil. Water as needed, drought resistant.
Light requirements - Plant in full sun.
Best use - Use as accent plants in pots for trailing effect or as a ground cover.
Growing tips - A very drought resistant annual. Fast grower.
Trailing vines facts
Vines with rootlets should not be allowed to grow on wood houses or wooden parts of brick houses.
Most vines grow towards light by elongating their stems and attaching to any support available.
Vines with rootlets growing on tree trunks are not harmful unless they cover the tree's foliage.
Select an vine
Click on an vine from the list below to see a photo and find lots of growing and plant care tips.
Planning your garden
For beginners it is important to draw a garden layout plan
• Choose plants suitable for the site (sun vs. shade, soil, etc)
• Arrange plants according to their height
• Arrange according to plant form and texture
• Arrange according to flowering periods for constant blooming
• Arrange in groupings by type and color considerations