Tomato Super Sweet 100
- Features: This name describes this cluster of tomatoes which grow on branches in little groups. Very large, multiple-branched clusters of small, cherry sized very sweet fruit with high vitamin C content. Exceptional flavour. Vigorous, hardy vines produce in abundance until late into the fall. Stake for best results. Indeterminate vine type.
- Maturity: 65 days / 20g in average weight.
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Well drained, moist soil. Best with compost. An all purpose, timed release fertilizer is recommended with a pH of 5.5 to 7. Tomatoes need even watering to prevent rotting. Water thoroughly but not too often (twice per week should suffice at first), and try to water early in the day so that plants will dry off before evening. This helps to reduce disease problems. Use drip or soaker hoses whenever possible. Water is used more efficiently this way and the leaves don't get wet.
- Spacing: Plant 60-90cm (24-36") apart.
- Height: 1.2-1.8m (47-76") in height.
- Garden use: Vegetable garden or raised garden beds. Most tomato plants can also grow in container gardens.
- Growing tips: When planting bury 2/3 of the plant. Plant tomatoes after the threat of frost has passed. Plant your tomatoes quite deep into the ground. The deeper you root your plants, the stronger they will be as they grow. Tomatoes thrive best when they are grown around chives, onions, parsley, marigolds, nasturtiums, carrots or garlic. Avoid planting tomato plants by cabbages and the potato family.
- Culinary use: This tomato is great for snacks, salads, soups, pasta sauces, pastes and canning. Also can be used for freezing.
Apply a mulch of straw or other loose organic matter 5-8cm (2-3") deep around the plants. This will reduce weed growth and help retain the moisture in the soil.
Click here for more information on growing tomatoes.