- Features: A Heirloom variety, this French type strawberry has smaller berries and a distinct flavour and aroma. Neat, bushy runnerless plants bear delicious red berries. Grow as an annual or perennial.
- Maturity: xx days.
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Best in rich, moist, well-drained soil containing plenty of organic matter. Water frequently until plants are growing vigorously. Watering is very important in early summer and September.
- Spacing: Space plants 45-60cm (18-24") apart. Runners will form new plants and eventually form a solid bed.
- Height: Grows 15-20cm (6-8") in height.
- Garden use: Vegetable gardens or raised beds. Excellent edging, border or container variety.
- Growing tips: Apply a light mulch to keep weeds down, conserve moisture and keep fruit clean. Fertilize beds in early summer and again in September with a balanced fertilizer. Do not fertilize if plants are flowering. Note that June-bearing plants produce the second year after planting. Cut all runners off during the first year, leave 2-3 runners the second year.
- Culinary use: Used in deserts, fresh or for jam.
Try our delicious strawberry shortcake recipe!