Snow Pea Ho Lan Dow
- Features: Cool weather plant that typically produces a high yield. Produces sweet tasting, long, thick pods that are light green in colour. Blooms white and reddish-purple flowers.
- Maturity: 60 days / 7cm (2.5") pod size.
- Light: Full sun is best but will grow in partial shade.
- Soil and water: Well drained soil, more dry than wet.
- Spacing: Space 15cm (6") apart.
- Height: Grows 120-160cm (4-5.5') in height.
- Garden use: Vegetable gardens or raised beds. Can be grown in containers.
- Growing tips: Plant in early spring and fall. Tolerant to cold weather and droughts.
- Culinary use: Consumed raw or cooked. Noted for its sweet taste and crispy texture. Also used in soups, salads and stir-fries.