Lettuce Parris Island Cos Romaine
- Features: In 1951, Clemson University developed an experiment for this variety of lettuce that gardeners refer to as a classic romaine. These compact, dark green petals grow tall and straight with a slight curve. They have a crisp refreshing, sweet flavour.
- Maturity: 70 to 80 days / lettuce size is 20cm (8").
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Well drained, nutrient rich, irrigated, well watered soil with lots of organic matter and a pH of 6.0 to 7.0.
- Spacing: Space 20-30cm (8-12") apart, in rows 46 to 61cm (18"-24") apart.
- Height: Plants are up to 25cm (10") in height.
- Garden use: In vegetable garden or raised beds.
- Growing tips: Harvest as needed. For optimal results, work in plenty of rotted manure or compost into the ground before planting your lettuce in your garden.
- Culinary use: Garnish, salads, especially for Caesar salads. Great for sandwiches.