Eggplant Black Beauty
- Features: Tender, tasty, puplish-black fruit. Highly nutritional. Setting the standard for large eggplants, this plant yields about 4 to 6 fruits – however yields more if you keep harvesting. The eggplant turns into a dark black-purple colour when its ready to be picked. Very easy to grow.
- Maturity: 80 days / eggplants are 20cm (8").
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: It is recommended that the soil is enriched with composted manure and time released nutrients. Well drained soil is best.
- Spacing: Space 45-60cm (18"-24") apart.
- Height: Plants are 50cm (20") in height.
- Garden use: Plant in vegetable garden or raised beds.
- Growing tips: Keeping the plant well watered will sweeten the fruit and prevent the fruit from being bitter.
- Culinary use: Excellent breaded, fried, stuffed. Can be put on skewers for grilling.