Cantaloupe Hales Best Jumbo
- Features: Since the 1920s, this has been a classical favourite with a ribbed, hardy skin which is sometimes referred to as a muskmelon. Known for it's delicious flavour and large size. A large, oval, ribbed cantaloupe with heavy, golden netting. Ribbed netting becomes a golden hue as oval shaped melons mature. Deep orange flesh is very thick with a very tasty sweetness which improves in flavor after picking.
- Maturity: 85 days / fruit size is 1.4-2.3kg (3-5 lbs.)
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Very well drained, warm soil at least 21 degrees celcius. They need constant feeding which includes compost and rotten manure.
- Spacing: Space 30cm (12") apart.
- Height: -
- Garden use: Vegetable garden beds, raised beds.
- Growing tips: You can save space by planting the plant about a foot apart on a trellis that will allow the plant to climb. Plant to the depth of the container.
- Culinary use: Fruit salads, desserts, jams and sauces. Also enjoyed on its own.