Pumpkin Orange Cookie Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups mashed cooked pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Orange Glaze
Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg, pumpkin, orange juice and orange zest and mix well. Add the flour mixture gradually. Stir in nuts. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes or until the edges are set. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Spread each cookie with 1/2 teaspoon orange glaze.
Yield: Approximately 4 dozen delicious cookies
Homegrown fresh and tasty!