- Features: Very easy to grow, and will spread readily. The leaves may be a dark green to purple colour, often streaked with darker colour. Chocolate mint has a strong minty aroma which has a faint hint of chocolate.
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Best in fertile, humus-rich well drained soil. Water as needed.
- Spacing: Space 60cm (24") apart.
- Height: Grows 60cm (24") in height.
- Growing tips: Pinch back to keep the plant growing evenly.
- Garden use: Best in containers, as it spreads quickly. Can be used as an herb ground cover.
- Culinary use: Use chocolate mint in desserts; it can be added to sorbets and cakes. Dried leaves can be used for tea.