- Features: Ornamental herb with aromatic qualities. Used for cosmetics and perfumes. Flowers are borne in whorls. This fragrant plant has gray-green foliage with blue-violet blooms. Durable and drought-resistant.
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Prefers well drained but still moist. Water as needed.
- Spacing: Space 45cm (18") apart.
- Height: Grows 50-60cm (20-24") in height.
- Growing tips: Avoid planting in soggy areas. Thrives in hot humid climate. Benefits from organic materials such as compost. Avoid soils with high PH balance.
- Garden use: Containers, herb and flower beds.
- Culinary use: Produces honey. Flowers are typically candied as cake decorations. Used in baked goods, desserts and French cuisine. Sometimes paired with sheep and goat-milk cheeses. Also used for aroma sachets and potpourri. Lavender gives off a beautiful scent.