Salvia - please refer to plant caretag for specific variety information
Colours - Red
Flowering period - Mid June to the end of October.
Features - Colourful flower spikes.
Spacing - Plant 12" apart (30 cm)
Height - Varies with variety.
Soil and water - Best in well drained, moist, rich soil high in organic matter. Water as needed.
Light requirements - Plant in part or full sun.
Best use - Use in garden beds or borders.
Growing tips - Moderate to poor frost tolerance. Requires more fertilizing than other annuals, in summer months fertilize once a week. One of the most uniformly even growing annuals.
Planning your garden
For beginners it is important to draw a garden layout plan
• Choose plants suitable for the site (sun vs. shade, soil, etc)
• Arrange plants according to their height
• Arrange according to plant form and texture
• Arrange according to flowering periods for constant blooming
• Arrange in groupings by type and color considerations
Select an autumn flower
Click on a flower from the list below to see a photo and find lots of growing and plant care tips.