Pansy - please refer to plant caretag for specific variety information
Colours - Assorted colours. Many variations available.
Flowering period - Fall season.
Features - A round flower with overlapping petals: two top petals, two side petals and a fifth bottom petal that almost always features a slight indentation. Early profuse flowers. Vigorous growth.
Spacing - Plant 6" apart (15 cm)
Height - Grows 6" to 9" tall (15 - 23 cm)
Soil and water - Pansies thrive in cool moist soil. Water frequently.
Light requirements - Plant in sun or part sun.
Best use - Use in pots, garden beds or borders.
Growing tips - Excellent frost tolerance, they will survive several degrees of frost. Generally pansies with flowers in solid blue and yellow hues are the toughest.
Planning your garden
For beginners it is important to draw a garden layout plan
• Choose plants suitable for the site (sun vs. shade, soil, etc)
• Arrange plants according to their height
• Arrange according to plant form and texture
• Arrange according to flowering periods for constant blooming
• Arrange in groupings by type and color considerations
Select an autumn flower
Click on a flower from the list below to see a photo and find lots of growing and plant care tips.