Ornamental pepper - please refer to plant caretag for specific variety information
Colours - The fruit changes colour from yellow to orange and then matures at red.
Flowering period - Late summer and fall.
Features - Tapered shaped fruit. Small size. Extremely heat tolerant.
Spacing - Plant 9" to 12" apart (22 - 30 cm)
Height - Grows 12" to 18" tall (30 - 45 cm)
Soil and water - Best in average to moist soil. Water as needed.
Light requirements - Plant in full sun.
Best use - Use as border plants, in beds or containers.
Growing tips - Since these peppers were grown for ornamental purposes only, we do not recommend eating them. In some cases they may have been treated with a growth regulator and/or various fertilizers. If growing from seed, the seed packs would clearly denote whether it's edible, or not.
Planning your garden
For beginners it is important to draw a garden layout plan
• Choose plants suitable for the site (sun vs. shade, soil, etc)
• Arrange plants according to their height
• Arrange according to plant form and texture
• Arrange according to flowering periods for constant blooming
• Arrange in groupings by type and color considerations
Select an autumn flower
Click on a flower from the list below to see a photo and find lots of growing and plant care tips.