Kale - please refer to plant caretag for specific variety information
Colours - Chidori Red, Chidori White, Pigeon White, Pigeon Red, Peacock White and Coral Queen.
Flowering period - Fall season.
Features - Very attractive leaves in late summer, fall and early winter. The broad leaves are usually wrinkled along the edges, giving plants an attractive, ruffled appearance.
Spacing - Plant 12" to 18" apart (30 to 45 cm)
Height - Grows 1' to 2' tall (30 - 60 cm)
Soil and water - Keep soil moderately moist, well fertilized and weed free.
Light requirements - Plant in full sun.
Best use - Excellent for containers, beds and mass planting.
Growing tips - Try flowering kale to add color accents to your landscape in the fall. Leaf color usually intensifies after a light fall frost.
Planning your garden
For beginners it is important to draw a garden layout plan
• Choose plants suitable for the site (sun vs. shade, soil, etc)
• Arrange plants according to their height
• Arrange according to plant form and texture
• Arrange according to flowering periods for constant blooming
• Arrange in groupings by type and color considerations
Select an autumn flower
Click on a flower from the list below to see a photo and find lots of growing and plant care tips.