Gaillardia (Blanket Flower / Fan Fare)
Gaillardia - please refer to plant caretag for specific variety information
Colours - Bright oranges, reds and yellows.
Flowering period - Blooms from summer until autumn.
Features - One of the least demanding, most satisfying perennials in the garden. An elegant, long-season display of showy blooms.
Spacing - Plant 15" apart (40 cm)
Height - Grows 18" to 24" tall (45 - 60 cm)
Soil and water - Best in fertile, well drained soil. Allow soil to dry between thorough waterings.
Light requirements - Plant in full sun.
Best use - Ideal choice for garden beds, borders and cutting gardens.
Growing tips - Remove faded flowers regularly to encourage more buds. Hardy to zones 3 to 8.
Planning your garden
For beginners it is important to draw a garden layout plan
• Choose plants suitable for the site (sun vs. shade, soil, etc)
• Arrange plants according to their height
• Arrange according to plant form and texture
• Arrange according to flowering periods for constant blooming
• Arrange in groupings by type and color considerations
Select an autumn flower
Click on a flower from the list below to see a photo and find lots of growing and plant care tips.