Aster - please refer to plant caretag for specific variety information
Colours - Red, pink, purple, white and mix.
Flowering period - Mid July to mid October.
Features - Assorted flower colours and types. Blooms through fall.
Spacing - Plant 12" to 18" apart (30 - 46 cm)
Height - Varies depending on variety.
Soil and water - Best in average to moist soil. Water as needed.
Light requirements - Plant in sun or part sun.
Best use - Use in garden beds, pots or for cutting.
Growing tips - Deadhead regularly. Requires regular maintenance. Susceptible to fungus diseases. Heavy feeder, fertilize regularly. Perennial, hardy in zones 4 to 8.
Planning your garden
For beginners it is important to draw a garden layout plan
• Choose plants suitable for the site (sun vs. shade, soil, etc)
• Arrange plants according to their height
• Arrange according to plant form and texture
• Arrange according to flowering periods for constant blooming
• Arrange in groupings by type and color considerations
Select an autumn flower
Click on a flower from the list below to see a photo and find lots of growing and plant care tips.